Becoming Disciples is a 2-week youth (10-15 yrs) gathering which will focus on training your children on the path of discipleship. The earliest followers of Jesus thought of themselves, not merely as “saved” or even as “Christians”. They thought of themselves as disciples of Jesus. For several centuries this was the framework which kept Jesus’ followers loyal unto death. I think it is still the best way to approach our life before God.
Our time with your children will be focused on teaching from the Bible and practical ways to make obeying Jesus a part of their lives. We will learn to pray, how to worship God from the heart, prayer in small groups, and much more. Some of the things which we will be covering are:
- Obeying Jesus’ words
- The aim of the disciple – being like the Master
- The cost of being disciples
- Loving God will all of our heart
- How to have a devotional life
- Devotional prayer
- The Holy Spirit’s role in discipleship
- How to keep our hearts tender to God
- Making other disciples of Jesus
If you think your child would benefit from these gatherings, then we would love to have them join us. The cost for the two weeks is $30 per child. This will help us cover the cost of renting the building as well as some basic supplies for the gatherings. Here is the schedule:
- July 11th – July 22nd
- Monday – Friday
- 9:00am – 12:00pm
* Saturday July 23rd we will have a gathering at the lake for all of the families. This is meant to be a fun time of connecting as well as an opportunity to baptize new young disciples.
** Please let us know if you would like for your child to attend but are unable to pay the price for registration. Please don’t let money be a hindrance.
*** Please feel free to email with questions about the registration or about the gatherings.